Ted Cruz loves to tout how his dad, Rafael, got here the “right way.”
Here’s the 12-step program Rafael followed. It’s so simple why doesn’t every immigrant simply follow it?
1. Fight alongside Communists in a revolution to overthrow a U.S.-backed leader
2. Get captured by the government forces
3. Have father’s lawyer friend bribe officials to get released
4. Get 4-year student visa to attend college in the United States
5. Wash dishes 7 days a week for 50 cents an hour to pay your way through the University of Texas (That is some cheap tuition!)
6. Obtain political asylum in the U.S. when your student visa runs out
7. Get a green card.
8. Marry an American woman
9. Move to Canada and have a baby who eventually grows up to be elected as a tea partying Senator from – you guessed it – Texas
10. Work in the Canadian oil industry
11. Become a Canadian citizen
12. Change your mind, come back to America, and become a US citizen 48 years after leaving your homeland, citing your own “laziness” for why it took so long
Ted Cruz is a hateful fraud and a liar.
Anyone who sides with him on immigration needs to understand what a tortured lie his so-called “right way” story is about his father and how hypocritical he is on immigration.
Read or listen to Rafael tell his own story – and catch Ted’s lies about it – here: http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2013/06/20/193585553/how-ted-cruzs-father-shaped-his-views-on-immigration