Sen. Bernie Sanders speaks on the Senate floor about skyrocketing income and wealth inequality and the destruction of the middle class.
I really do hope this guy runs for President in 2016, and I hope Robert Reich will be his running mate.
They would have the vast majority of the populace behind them, and their agenda could not be denied even by an obstructionist Congress.
Here are the facts everyone needs to know
– Top 1% of Americans own 38% of the nation’s wealth
– Bottom 60% of Americans own 2.3% of the nation’s wealth
– The Walton Family wealth is more than the combined wealth of the bottom 40% of Americans
– 95% of all new income from 2009 to 2012 – economic growth in America – earned went to Top 1%
– Top 25 hedge fund managers last year – in one year! – made over $24Billion, or enough to pay the salaries of 425,000 of public school teachers
– The Koch Brothers last year saw a $12Billion increase in their wealth, for a total wealth of $80Billion
– Middle class families have seen a decline of $5,000/year in income, adjusted for inflation, between 1999 and now, and still makes less than they did 25 years ago
– 1 in 4 corporations pay zero in federal income taxes
All the gains in our society from productivity and technology are all going to the top. They aren’t solely responsible and should not be realizing all the gains.
A handful of unfathomably wealthy people are influencing our government in ways that only benefit them and create a disaster for everyone else.
The Billionaire Party, led by the Koch Brothers and Sheldon Adelson, and who set up so-called "think tanks" meant only to dupe people into supporting horrendous ideas like tax breaks, more and more deregulation, and policies that will completely destroy this once great country.
Cut Social Security. Cut Medicare. Cut Medicaid. Cut funding early education and for public education. Privatize everything. Eliminate the minimum wage altogether. Abolish the Environmental Protection Agency. More and more and more austerity, so that more and more and more benefits rise to the top while we stupidly believe that any of it will trickles down to us.
Both major parties are guilty, but let’s be very clear and very honest. There is only one major political party in this country that is described precisely by the above. One.
It would behoove us middle class voters – senior citizens, young people, but especially people who make more than $25K but less than $75K a year – to understand and remember these fact in November and in 2016.
See on www.youtube.com